Received the following error in MP Control.log Error :Http test request failed, status code is 500, ‘Internal Server Error’
Nothing seemed to resolve the issues. Then wanted to re-install the management point but you can’t remove the role.
Found an easy way to re-install the management Point.
- Go to Administration – Server and Site System Roles
- Select the Secondary server and in Site System Roles right click and open properties of the Management Point Role.
- Change your Client connection. If HTTP change to HTTPS. This will trigger a re-install of the MP Role
- Monitor the SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER component Status. After a while it should come up with an error.
- Go back to the properties of the Management Point and change the client connection back to HTTP. This will trigger a re-install again. Monitor the SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER component Status. After a while you should see a message “ Site Component Manager successfully reinstalled this component on this site system”