- Task Sequence Wizard returns with message that it can’t find a Task Sequence for the machine. You check SCCM and machine exist in SCCM and is assigned to correct Task Sequence.
- Another case the machine is not in SCCM and the Task Sequence is deployed to All Unknown Computers.
- The machine already exist in SCCM with a different MAC address or name.
- The duplicate machines got the same UUID.
- Get the UUID from the machine. Open command prompt within Windows or by pressing F8 when booted with a SCCM Bootable Disk.At a command prompt, run the command:wmic
When the prompt
appears, type in the command:
csproduct get uuid
- In SCCM go to Monitoring > Overview > Queries and create a new query to search for UUID.
- The following query will prompt for a value
select SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.ResourceType, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_System.Client, SMS_R_System.MACAddresses from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SMBIOSGUID = ##PRM:SMS_R_System.SMBIOSGUID##
- Make note of the Name and MAC Addresses of the returned values.
- Search for the names in SCCM and assign to correct collection or delete duplicate value.